Crossword Clue & Answers
3 December 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 15 answers for the crossword clue 'Permit', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Permit a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Permit as an answer itself some 87 times.
Permit is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Monday, 06 December 2021 with the answer being ALLOW, but the most popular answer for this clue is LET.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 6 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 25 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 23 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 11 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 29 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 12 Oct 2021
- The Guardian Quick - 5 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 13 Jul 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Permit', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Permit' and give you a hint.
- Large game fish; found in waters of the West Indies
- A legal document giving official permission to do something
- The act of giving a formal (usually written) authorization
- Make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen; "This permits the water to rush in"; "This sealed door won't allow the water come into the basement"; "This will permit the rain to run off"
- Allow the presence of or allow (an activity) without opposing or prohibiting; "We don't allow dogs here"; "Children are not permitted beyond this point"; "We cannot tolerate smoking in the hospital"
- Consent to, give permission; "She permitted her son to visit her estranged husband"; "I won't let the police search her basement"; "I cannot allow you to see your exam"
A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court; the ball must be served again
Approve officially; "The list of speakers must be visaed"
Give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause; "I will earmark this money for your research"; "She sets aside time for meditation every day"
The act of providing a subsidy
Render capable or able for some task; "This skill will enable you to find a job on Wall Street"; "The rope enables you to secure yourself when you climb the mountain"
The appropriate or desirable thing; "this car could be just the ticket for a small family"
Give a title to someone; make someone a member of the nobility
Freedom to deviate deliberately from normally applicable rules or practices (especially in behavior or speech)
A legal document giving official permission to do something
A writ from a court commanding police to perform specified acts
A mechanism of social control for enforcing a society's standards
Have a tolerance for a poison or strong drug or pathogen or environmental condition; "The patient does not tolerate the anti-inflammatory drugs we gave him"
Approval to do something; "he asked permission to leave"
The appearance conveyed by a person's face; "a pleasant countenance"; "a stern visage"
Large game fish; found in waters of the West Indies
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Permit . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.