Crossword Clue & Answers
8 September 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 19 answers for the crossword clue 'Hamper', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Hamper a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Hamper as an answer itself some 93 times.
Hamper is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Tuesday, 31 August 2021 with the answer being BASKET, but the most popular answer for this clue is CRATE.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 31 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 6 May 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 20 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 25 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 16 Feb 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 11 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 7 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 25 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 1 Dec 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Hamper', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Hamper' and give you a hint.
- A basket usually with a cover
- Prevent the progress or free movement of; "He was hampered in his efforts by the bad weather"; "the imperialist nation wanted to strangle the free trade between the two small countries"
- Put at a disadvantage; "The brace I have to wear is hindering my movements"
- A restraint that confines or restricts freedom (especially something used to tie down or restrain a prisoner)
A container; usually has a lid
A connection that fastens things together
A clamp for holding pieces of wood together while they are glued
The quantity contained in a crate
An angular or rounded shape made by folding; "a fold in the napkin"; "a crease in his trousers"; "a plication on her blouse"; "a flexure of the colon"; "a bend of his elbow"
Turn away from by persuasion; "Negative campaigning will only dissuade people"
A score in basketball made by throwing the ball through the hoop
Either of the rudimentary hind wings of dipterous insects; used for maintaining equilibrium during flight
Put at a disadvantage; "The brace I have to wear is hindering my movements"
Block passage through; "obstruct the path"
A thwarting and distressing situation
A U-shaped bar; the open end can be passed through chain links and closed with a bar
A restraint that is used to teach a horse to amble
Something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress
Hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of; "His brother blocked him at every turn"
Make more specific; "qualify these remarks"
Prevent the progress or free movement of; "He was hampered in his efforts by the bad weather"; "the imperialist nation wanted to strangle the free trade between the two small countries"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Hamper . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.