Crossword Clue and Answers
Today we have 25 crossword solutions for Restrict which appeared recently in Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We have deemed Restrict as a VERY COMMON crossword clue, we've seen it more than 25 times in a variety of crossword publications.
The most recent answer we found for this clue is "LIMIT".
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - Friday, 3 Dec 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - Thursday, 25 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - Monday, 6 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - Friday, 13 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - Friday, 11 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - Thursday, 3 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - Friday, 28 May 2021
- The Mirror Classic - Thursday, 29 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - Thursday, 22 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021
The act of restraining power or action or limiting excess; "his common sense is a bridle to his quick temper"
A light, self-propelled movement upwards or forwards
An individual's prescribed share of work; "her stint as a lifeguard exhausted her"
The greatest possible degree of something; "what he did was beyond the bounds of acceptable behavior"; "to the limit of his ability"
Surround in a restrictive manner; "The building was hemmed in by flowers"
A clamp for holding pieces of wood together while they are glued
The food allowance for one day (especially for service personnel); "the rations should be nutritionally balanced"
A basket usually with a cover
A shackle for the ankles or feet
A narrow strait connecting two bodies of water
The activity of managing or exerting control over something; "the control of the mob by the police was admirable"
Terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent; "My speech was cut short"; "Personal freedom is curtailed in many countries"
Cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of; "dress the plants in the garden"
Add a modifier to a constituent
To put down by force or authority; "suppress a nascent uprising"; "stamp down on littering"; "conquer one's desires"
Become tight or tighter; "The rope tightened"
Deprive of freedom; take into confinement
Restrain from independence by an obligation; "He was tied down by his work"
A restraint that is used to teach a horse to amble
Keep under control; keep in check; "suppress a smile"; "Keep your temper"; "keep your cool"
A valve that regulates the supply of fuel to the engine
Restrict; "Tighten the rules"; "stiffen the regulations"