Crossword Clue and Answers
Looking for answers to the "Competent" crossword clue? it's your lucky day, we have them! Today we have 14 crossword solutions for Competent.
We most recently saw this clue in The Sun Cryptic.
We deem Competent to be a VERY COMMON crossword clue as we've seen it more than 14 times in a variety of crossword publications.
If you have a moment we'd love for you to join our growing crossword community and contribute some answers of your own.
- The Sun Cryptic - Saturday, 27 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - Tuesday, 2 Nov 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - Sunday, 10 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - Monday, 27 Sep 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - Wednesday, 25 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - Thursday, 12 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - Thursday, 5 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - Friday, 30 Jul 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - Monday, 28 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - Tuesday, 1 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - Tuesday, 18 May 2021
The manner in which something fits; "I admired the fit of her coat"
Being of striking appropriateness and pertinence; "the successful copywriter is a master of apposite and evocative verbal images"; "an apt reply"
Having inherent physical or mental ability or capacity; "able to learn"; "human beings are able to walk on two feet"; "Superman is able to leap tall buildings"
Mentally healthy; free from mental disorder; "appears to be completely sane"
Having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude; "adept in handicrafts"; "an adept juggler"; "an expert job"; "a good mechanic"; "a practiced marksman"; "a proficient engineer"; "a lesser-known but no less skillful composer"; "the effect was achieved by skillful retouching"
(followed by `of') having the temperament or inclination for; "no one believed her capable of murder"
The quality of being able to perform; a quality that permits or facilitates achievement or accomplishment
Having or showing or requiring special skill; "only the most skilled gymnasts make an Olympic team"; "a skilled surgeon has many years of training and experience"; "a skilled reconstruction of her damaged elbow"; "a skilled trade"
Meeting the proper standards and requirements and training for an office or position or task; "many qualified applicants for the job"
Able to accomplish a purpose; functioning effectively; "people who will do nothing unless they get something out of it for themselves are often highly effective persons..."-G.B.Shaw; "effective personnel"; "an efficient secretary"; "the efficient cause of the revolution"
Highly skilled; "an accomplished pianist"; "a complete musician"