Crossword Clue & Answers
26 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 13 answers for the crossword clue 'Writer', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Writer a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Writer as an answer itself some 65 times.
Writer is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Tuesday, 16 November 2021 with the answer being SCRIBE, but the most popular answer for this clue is AUTHOR.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 16 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 13 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Aug 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 7 Jun 2021
- The Guardian Speedy - 16 May 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 21 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 20 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 18 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 12 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 19 Feb 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Writer', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Writer' and give you a hint.
- Writes (books or stories or articles or the like) professionally (for pay)
- A person who is able to write and has written something
A pen that has a small metal ball as the point of transfer of ink to paper
Someone who originates or causes or initiates something; "he was the generator of several complaints"
A thin cylindrical pointed writing implement; a rod of marking substance encased in wood
Informal terms for journalists
A sharp-pointed awl for marking wood or metal to be cut
The quantity a shovel can hold
Someone who composes music as a profession
A writer of literary works
One who writes novels
A gambler who accepts and pays off bets (especially on horse races)
A man devoted to literary or scholarly activities
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Writer . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.