Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
17 December 2020
Last seen in: The Mirror Quick
We found 11 answers for the crossword clue 'Widen', the most recent of which was seen in the The Mirror Quick.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Widen a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Widen as an answer itself some 67 times.
Widen is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Mirror Quick' on Saturday, 16 January 2021 with the answer being BROADEN, we also found BROADEN to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Mirror Quick - 16 Jan 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 20 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 5 Nov 2020
- The Mirror Classic - 29 Oct 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 17 Oct 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 15 Sep 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 19 Nov 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 15 Sep 2017
- The Guardian Speedy - 4 Sep 2016
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Widen', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Widen' and give you a hint.
- Become broader or wider or more extensive; "The road widened"
- Make (clothes) larger; "Let out that dress--I gained a lot of weight"
- Make wider; "widen the road"
- Extend in scope or range or area; "The law was extended to all citizens"; "widen the range of applications"; "broaden your horizon"; "Extend your backyard"
We found 4 anagrams for the word 'Widen'.
- Edwin King of Northumbria who was converted to Christianity (585-633)
A large quantity of written matter; "he wrote reams and reams"
King of Northumbria who was converted to Christianity (585-633)
(baseball) a fly ball hit a short distance into the outfield
Become wider; "His pupils were dilated"
Expand the influence of; "The King extended his rule to the Eastern part of the continent"
Continue or extend; "The civil war carried into the neighboring province"; "The disease extended into the remote mountain provinces"
Bring out of a specific state
Move outward; "The soldiers fanned out"
Become broader; "The road broadened"
Add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing; "She elaborated on the main ideas in her dissertation"
Extend one's limbs or muscles, or the entire body; "Stretch your legs!"; "Extend your right arm above your head"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Widen . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.