Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
15 January 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 4 answers for the crossword clue 'Weird', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Weird a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Weird as an answer itself some 92 times.
Weird is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Saturday, 16 January 2021 with the answer being EERIE, we also found EERIE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 16 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 7 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 23 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 14 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 27 Oct 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 30 Sep 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 14 Sep 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 8 Jun 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 22 Dec 2019
- The Daily Mail Quick - 1 Jun 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Weird', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Weird' and give you a hint.
- Strikingly odd or unusual; "some trick of the moonlight; some weird effect of shadow"- Bram Stoker
- Suggesting the operation of supernatural influences; "an eldritch screech"; "the three weird sisters"; "stumps...had uncanny shapes as of monstrous creatures"- John Galsworthy; "an unearthly light"; "he could hear the unearthly scream of some curlew piercing the din"- Henry Kingsley
- Fate personified; any one of the three Weird Sisters
We found 3 anagrams for the word 'Weird'.
- wired Tense with excitement and enthusiasm as from a rush of adrenaline; "we were really pumped up for the race"; "he was so pumped he couldn't sleep"
A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys; is obtained as a by-product in refining molybdenum
Suggestive of the supernatural; mysterious; "an eerie feeling of deja vu"
Conspicuously or grossly unconventional or unusual; "restaurants of bizarre design--one like a hat, another like a rabbit"; "famed for his eccentric spelling"; "a freakish combination of styles"; "his off-the-wall antics"; "the outlandish clothes of teenagers"; "outre and affected stage antics"
Causing a sensation as of things crawling on your skin; "a creepy story"; "I had a creepy-crawly feeling"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Weird . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.