Crossword Clue & Answers
9 March 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 8 answers for the crossword clue 'Weep', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Weep a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Weep as an answer itself some 106 times.
Weep is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Thursday, 18 March 2021 with the answer being CRY, but the most popular answer for this clue is SOB.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 18 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 10 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 9 Feb 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 19 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 6 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 23 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 22 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 11 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 4 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 3 Dec 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Weep', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Weep' and give you a hint.
- Shed tears because of sadness, rage, or pain; "She cried bitterly when she heard the news of his death"; "The girl in the wheelchair wept with frustration when she could not get up the stairs"
A loud utterance of emotion (especially when inarticulate); "a cry of rage"; "a yell of pain"
Convulsive gasp made while weeping
Cry loudly; "Don't bawl in public!"
Cry or whine with snuffling; "Stop snivelling--you got yourself into this mess!"
Cry weakly or softly; "she wailed with pain"
Excess bodily weight; "she disliked fatness in herself as well as in others"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Weep . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.