Crossword Clue & Answers
7 September 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 11 answers for the crossword clue 'Wager', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Wager a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Wager as an answer itself some 76 times.
Wager is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Tuesday, 17 August 2021 with the answer being BET, we also found BET to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 29 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 21 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 24 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 22 Jun 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 18 Jun 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 13 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 14 May 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 12 May 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Wager', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Wager' and give you a hint.
- The act of gambling; "he did it on a bet"
- The money risked on a gamble
- Maintain with or as if with a bet; "I bet she will be there!"
- Stake on the outcome of an issue; "I bet $100 on that new horse"; "She played all her money on the dark horse"
The act of gambling; "he did it on a bet"
Impose as a duty, burden, or punishment; "lay a responsibility on someone"
Cause to be in a certain state; cause to be in a certain relation; "That song put me in awful good humor"; "put your ideas in writing"
The act using a sword (or other weapon) vigorously and skillfully
The probability of being exposed to an infectious agent
A strong wooden or metal post with a point at one end so it can be driven into the ground
Money that is risked for possible monetary gain
The money risked on a gamble
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Wager . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.