Crossword Clue & Answers
3 December 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 5 answers for the crossword clue 'Ventilate', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Ventilate a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Ventilate as an answer itself some 22 times.
Ventilate is a single word clue made up of 9 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Monday, 06 December 2021 with the answer being AIR, we also found AIR to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 6 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 3 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 15 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 17 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 17 Aug 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 20 Jun 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 21 Mar 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 26 Feb 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 21 Dec 2019
- The Daily Mail Quick - 27 Oct 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Ventilate', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Ventilate' and give you a hint.
- Expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen; "air the old winter clothes"; "air out the smoke-filled rooms"
- Expose to the circulation of fresh air so as to retard spoilage; "Wheat should be well ventilated"
- Circulate through and freshen; "The gust of air ventilated the room"
- Furnish with an opening to allow air to circulate or gas to escape; "The architect did not think about ventilating the storage space"
- Give expression or utterance to; "She vented her anger"; "The graduates gave vent to cheers"
Travel via aircraft; "air travel involves too much waiting in airports"; "if you've time to spare go by air"
Activity that frees or expresses creative energy or emotion; "she had no other outlet for her feelings"; "he gave vent to his anger"
Impregnate, combine, or supply with oxygen; "oxygenate blood"
Expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen; "air the old winter clothes"; "air out the smoke-filled rooms"
Give expression or utterance to; "She vented her anger"; "The graduates gave vent to cheers"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Ventilate . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.