Crossword Clue & Answers
5 May 2021
Last seen in: The Mirror Classic
We found 25 answers for the crossword clue 'Unit', the most recent of which was seen in the The Mirror Classic.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Unit a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Unit as an answer itself some 636 times.
Unit is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Mirror Classic' on Wednesday, 09 June 2021 with the answer being ITEM, we also found ITEM to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Mirror Classic - 9 Jun 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 8 Jun 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 11 May 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 9 May 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 27 Apr 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 27 Feb 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 14 Feb 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 10 Feb 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 24 Jan 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 16 Jan 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Unit', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Unit' and give you a hint.
- An assemblage of parts that is regarded as a single entity; "how big is that part compared to the whole?"; "the team is a unit"
- An organization regarded as part of a larger social group; "the coach said the offensive unit did a good job"; "after the battle the soldier had trouble rejoining his unit"
- A single undivided natural thing occurring in the composition of something else; "units of nucleic acids"
- An individual or group or structure or other entity regarded as a structural or functional constituent of a whole; "the reduced the number of units and installations"; "the word is a basic linguistic unit"
- Any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange; "the dollar is the United States unit of currency"; "a unit of wheat is a bushel"; "change per unit volume"
- A single undivided whole; "an idea is not a unit that can be moved from one brain to another"
A single person or thing; "he is the best one"; "this is the one I ordered"
An organized group of workmen
A whole individual unit; especially when included in a list or collection; "they reduced the price on many items"
Any number of entities (members) considered as a unit
A small squad of policemen trained to deal with a particular kind of crime
To a complete degree or to the full or entire extent (`whole' is often used informally for `wholly'); "he was wholly convinced"; "entirely satisfied with the meal"; "it was completely different from what we expected"; "was completely at fault"; "a totally new situation"; "the directions were all wrong"; "it was not altogether her fault"; "an altogether new approach"; "a whole new idea"
That which is perceived or known or inferred to have its own distinct existence (living or nonliving)
Detachable compartment of a spacecraft
Gear consisting of a set of articles or tools for a specified purpose
Army unit smaller than a division
An abstract part of something; "jealousy was a component of his character"; "two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony"; "the grammatical elements of a sentence"; "a key factor in her success"; "humor: an effective ingredient of a speech"
Any of the items furnishing or equipping a room (especially built-in furniture); "she liked the kitchen fitments"
How much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify
A team of policemen working under the military platoon system
The act of storing something
A naval unit that is detached from the fleet for a particular task
A suite of rooms usually on one floor of an apartment house
Equipment designed to serve a specific function
An artifact that is one of the individual parts of which a composite entity is made up; especially a part that can be separated from or attached to a system; "spare components for cars"; "a component or constituent element of a system"
The act of releasing from an attachment or connection
An organization regarded as part of a larger social group; "the coach said the offensive unit did a good job"; "after the battle the soldier had trouble rejoining his unit"
A company that is completely controlled by another company
The act of subdividing; division of something previously divided
A block of material used in construction work
Any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange; "the dollar is the United States unit of currency"; "a unit of wheat is a bushel"; "change per unit volume"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Unit . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.