Crossword Clue & Answers
17 April 2021
Last seen in: The Sun Cryptic
We found 9 answers for the crossword clue 'Uncommon', the most recent of which was seen in the The Sun Cryptic.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Uncommon a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Uncommon as an answer itself some 41 times.
Uncommon is a single word clue made up of 8 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Sun Cryptic' on Saturday, 17 April 2021 with the answer being SCARCE, but the most popular answer for this clue is RARE.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Sun Cryptic - 17 Apr 2021
- USA Today - 25 Mar 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 25 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 21 Jan 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 31 Dec 2020
- USA Today - 4 Dec 2020
- The Mirror Quick - 11 Nov 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 24 Sep 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 24 Sep 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 18 Sep 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Uncommon', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Uncommon' and give you a hint.
- Marked by an uncommon quality; especially superlative or extreme of its kind; "what is so rare as a day in June"-J.R.Lowell; "a rare skill"; "an uncommon sense of humor"; "she was kind to an uncommon degree"
- Not common or ordinarily encountered; unusually great in amount or remarkable in character or kind; "uncommon birds"; "frost and floods are uncommon during these months"; "doing an uncommon amount of business"; "an uncommon liking for money"; "he owed his greatest debt to his mother's uncommon character and ability"
Not widely known; especially valued for its uncommonness; "a rare word"; "rare books"
Belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler; "golden age of imperial splendor"; "purple tyrant"; "regal attire"; "treated with royal acclaim"; "the royal carriage of a stag's head"
Only a very short time before; "they could barely hear the speaker"; "we hardly knew them"; "just missed being hit"; "had scarcely rung the bell when the door flew open"; "would have scarce arrived before she would have found some excuse to leave"- W.B.Yeats
Not known before; "used many strange words"; "saw many strange faces in the crowd"; "don't let anyone unknown into the house"
Being definitely out of the ordinary and unexpected; slightly odd or even a bit weird; "a strange exaltation that was indefinable"; "a strange fantastical mind"; "what a strange sense of humor she has"
Not normal; not typical or usual or regular or conforming to a norm; "abnormal powers of concentration"; "abnormal amounts of rain"; "abnormal circumstances"; "an abnormal interest in food"
Beyond or deviating from the usual or expected; "a curious hybrid accent"; "her speech has a funny twang"; "they have some funny ideas about war"; "had an odd name"; "the peculiar aromatic odor of cloves"; "something definitely queer about this town"; "what a rum fellow"; "singular behavior"
Deviating widely from a norm of physical or mental ability; used especially of children below normal in intelligence; "special educational provisions for exceptional children"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Uncommon . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.