Crossword Clue & Answers
10 May 2021
Last seen in: The New York Times Crossword
We found 13 answers for the crossword clue 'Try out', the most recent of which was seen in the The New York Times Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Try out a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
Try out is a 2 word phrase featuring 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The New York Times Crossword' on Monday, 10 May 2021 with the answer being TEST, we also found TEST to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The New York Times Crossword - 10 May 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 1 Sep 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 17 Jan 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 15 Oct 2018
- The New York Times Crossword - 2 Jul 2017
- The New York Times Crossword - 16 Sep 2016
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Try out', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Try out' and give you a hint.
- Take a sample of; "Try these new crackers"; "Sample the regional dishes"
- Perform in order to get a role; "She auditioned for a role on Broadway"
- Try something new, as in order to gain experience; "Students experiment sexually"; "The composer experimented with a new style"
- Put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
Earnest and conscientious activity intended to do or accomplish something; "made an effort to cover all the reading material"; "wished him luck in his endeavor"; "she gave it a good try"
Put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
A tentative attempt
Establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment; "The experiment demonstrated the instability of the compound"; "The mathematician showed the validity of the conjecture"
Have flavor; taste of something
The act of undergoing testing; "he survived the great test of battle"; "candidates must compete in a trial of skill"
Take a sample of; "Try these new crackers"; "Sample the regional dishes"
Observe, check out, and look over carefully or inspect; "The customs agent examined the baggage"; "I must see your passport before you can enter the country"
The ability to hear; the auditory faculty; "his hearing was impaired"
The act of conducting a controlled test or investigation
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Try out . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.