Crossword Clue & Answers
7 August 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 16 answers for the crossword clue 'Treasure', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Treasure a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Treasure as an answer itself some 133 times.
Treasure is a single word clue made up of 8 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Friday, 13 August 2021 with the answer being CHERISH, we also found CHERISH to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 13 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 11 Jun 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 20 May 2021
- The Guardian Quick - 13 May 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 11 Dec 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 7 Jul 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 3 May 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 14 Oct 2016
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Treasure', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Treasure' and give you a hint.
- Art highly prized for its beauty or perfection
- A collection of precious things; "the trunk held all her meager treasures"
- Accumulated wealth in the form of money or jewels etc.; "the pirates hid their treasure on a small island in the West Indies"
- Be fond of; be attached to
- Hold dear; "I prize these old photographs"
- Any possession that is highly valued by its owner; "the children returned from the seashore with their shells and other treasures"
Art highly prized for its beauty or perfection
Have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
Love intensely; "he just adored his wife"
To move or force, especially in an effort to get something open; "The burglar jimmied the lock": "Raccoons managed to pry the lid off the garbage pail"
Treasure of unknown ownership found hidden (usually in the earth)
Hold dear; "I prize these old photographs"
An attitude of admiration or esteem; "she lost all respect for him"
An abundance of material possessions and resources
The quality of profuse abundance; "she has a wealth of talent"
Provide treatment for; "The doctor treated my broken leg"; "The nurses cared for the bomb victims"; "The patient must be treated right away or she will die"; "Treat the infection with antibiotics"
Be fond of; be attached to
An unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that leads to a favorable outcome; "it was my good luck to be there"; "they say luck is a lady"; "it was as if fortune guided his hand"
Be fond of; be attached to
Increase the value of; "The Germans want to appreciate the Deutsche Mark"
Accumulated wealth in the form of money or jewels etc.; "the pirates hid their treasure on a small island in the West Indies"
Esteem very highly; "She thinks the world of her adviser"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Treasure . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.