Crossword Clue & Answers
4 December 2021
Last seen in: The Guardian Quick
We found 10 answers for the crossword clue 'Thing', the most recent of which was seen in the The Guardian Quick.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Thing a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Thing as an answer itself some 162 times.
Thing is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Guardian Quick' on Saturday, 13 November 2021 with the answer being DEADWOOD, but the most popular answer for this clue is ENTITY.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Guardian Quick - 13 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 21 Jul 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 2 Jun 2021
- USA Today - 20 Apr 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 8 Apr 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 13 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 24 Feb 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 21 Jan 2021
- USA Today - 19 Dec 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 11 Nov 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Thing', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Thing' and give you a hint.
- A separate and self-contained entity
- An action; "how could you do such a thing?"
- An artifact; "how does this thing work?"
- An entity that is not named specifically; "I couldn't tell what the thing was"
- Any attribute or quality considered as having its own existence; "the thing I like about her is ..."
- A vaguely specified concern; "several matters to attend to"; "it is none of your affair"; "things are going well"
- A special abstraction; "a thing of the spirit"; "things of the heart"
- A special objective; "the thing is to stay in bounds"
- A statement regarded as an object; "to say the same thing in other terms"; "how can you say such a thing?"
- An event; "a funny thing happened on the way to the..."
- A persistent illogical feeling of desire or aversion; "he has a thing about seafood"; "she has a thing about him"
- A special situation; "this thing has got to end"; "it is a remarkable thing"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Thing'.
- night A period of ignorance or backwardness or gloom
An activity that you like or at which you are superior; "chemistry is not my cup of tea"; "his bag now is learning to play golf"; "marriage was scarcely his dish"
A whole individual unit; especially when included in a list or collection; "they reduced the price on many items"
A period of ignorance or backwardness or gloom
A vaguely specified concern; "several matters to attend to"; "it is none of your affair"; "things are going well"
That which is perceived or known or inferred to have its own distinct existence (living or nonliving)
That which has mass and occupies space; "physicists study both the nature of matter and the forces which govern it"
A tangible and visible entity; an entity that can cast a shadow; "it was full of rackets, balls and other objects"
One of a class of artifacts; "an article of clothing"
Someone or something that is unwanted and unneeded
Something unspecified whose name is either forgotten or not known; "she eased the ball-shaped doodad back into its socket"; "there may be some great new gizmo around the corner that you will want to use"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Thing . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.