Crossword Clue & Answers
21 March 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 7 answers for the crossword clue 'Sweet', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Sweet a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Sweet as an answer itself some 240 times.
Sweet is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Wednesday, 24 March 2021 with the answer being DESSERT, we also found DESSERT to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 24 Mar 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 13 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 8 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 12 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 20 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 5 Oct 2020
- The Guardian Quick - 4 Dec 2018
- The New York Times Crossword - 29 Jun 2018
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Sweet', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Sweet' and give you a hint.
- The property of tasting as if it contains sugar
- The taste experience when sugar dissolves in the mouth
- A food rich in sugar
- A dish served as the last course of a meal
- Pleasing to the ear; "the dulcet tones of the cello"
- Pleasing to the mind or feeling; "sweet revenge"
- With sweetening added
- (used of wines) having a high residual sugar content; "sweet dessert wines"
- Having or denoting the characteristic taste of sugar
- Not soured or preserved; "sweet milk"
- Not containing or composed of salt water; "fresh water"
- Having a sweet nature befitting an angel or cherub; "an angelic smile"; "a cherubic face"; "looking so seraphic when he slept"; "a sweet disposition"
- Pleasing to the senses; "the sweet song of the lark"; "the sweet face of a child"
- In an affectionate or loving manner (`sweet' is sometimes a poetic or informal variant of `sweetly'); "Susan Hayward plays the wife sharply and sweetly"; "how sweet the moonlight sleeps upon this bank"- Shakespeare; "talking sweet to each other"
- Having a natural fragrance; "odoriferous spices"; "the odorous air of the orchard"; "the perfumed air of June"; "scented flowers"
- English phonetician; one of the founders of modern phonetics (1845-1912)
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Sweet'.
A light midafternoon meal of tea and sandwiches or cakes; "an Englishman would interrupt a war to have his afternoon tea"
A candy that usually has a center of fondant or fruit or nuts coated in chocolate
Pleasing to the ear; "the dulcet tones of the cello"
Nuts or fruit pieces in a sugar paste
Caramelized sugar cooled in thin sheets
A dish served as the last course of a meal
(British) the dessert course of a meal (`pud' is used informally)
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Sweet . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.