Crossword Clue & Answers
30 November 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 6 answers for the crossword clue 'Surrender', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Surrender a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Surrender as an answer itself some 66 times.
Surrender is a single word clue made up of 9 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Thursday, 02 December 2021 with the answer being CAPITULATION, but the most popular answer for this clue is CEDE.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 2 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 6 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 23 Jun 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 27 Apr 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 18 Apr 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 1 Apr 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 3 Mar 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 13 Feb 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 27 Jan 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 27 Dec 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Surrender', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Surrender' and give you a hint.
- The act of surrendering (usually under agreed conditions); "they were protected until the capitulation of the fort"
- The delivery of a principal into lawful custody
- A verbal act of admitting defeat
- Acceptance of despair
- Give up or agree to forgo to the power or possession of another; "The last Taleban fighters finally surrendered"
- Relinquish possession or control over; "The squatters had to surrender the building after the police moved in"
Give over; surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another
Lose (s.th.) or lose the right to (s.th.) by some error, offense, or crime; "you've forfeited your right to name your successor"; "forfeited property"
Production of a certain amount
Make over as a return; "They had to render the estate"
Be willing to concede; "I grant you this much"
The act of surrendering (usually under agreed conditions); "they were protected until the capitulation of the fort"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Surrender . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.