Crossword Clue & Answers
4 February 2021
Last seen in: The Mirror Classic
We found 25 answers for the crossword clue 'Superior', the most recent of which was seen in the The Mirror Classic.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Superior a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Superior as an answer itself some 105 times.
Superior is a single word clue made up of 8 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Mirror Classic' on Tuesday, 23 February 2021 with the answer being BETTER, we also found BETTER to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Mirror Classic - 23 Feb 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 27 Sep 2020
- The Mirror Classic - 23 Aug 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 9 Jun 2020
- Irish Times Simplex Crossword - 28 Jun 2019
- Irish Times Simplex Crossword - 13 Apr 2018
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Superior', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Superior' and give you a hint.
- A character or symbol set or printed or written above and immediately to one side of another character
- A town in northwest Wisconsin on Lake Superior across from Duluth
- The largest freshwater lake in the world; the deepest of the Great Lakes
- The head of a religious community
- One of greater rank or station or quality
- A combatant who is able to defeat rivals
- Of or characteristic of high rank or importance; "a superior ruler"
- Having an orbit farther from the sun than the Earth's orbit; "Mars and Jupiter are the closest in of the superior planets"
- (often followed by `to') above being affected or influenced by; "he is superior to fear"; "an ignited firework proceeds superior to circumstances until its blazing vitality fades"
- (sometimes followed by `to') not subject to or influenced by; "overcome by a superior opponent"; "trust magnates who felt themselves superior to law"
- Written or printed above and to one side of another character
- Having a higher rank; "superior officer"
- Of high or superior quality or performance; "superior wisdom derived from experience"; "superior math students"
Money extracted as a penalty
A person who is older than you are
An exclusive group of people; "one of the elect who have power inside the government"
A central nervous system stimulant that increases energy and decreases appetite; used to treat narcolepsy and some forms of depression
The superior of a group of nuns
The superior one of two alternatives; "chose the better of the two"
The act of choosing or selecting; "your choice of colors was unfortunate"; "you can take your pick"
Elegant and sumptuous; "a deluxe car"; "luxe accommodations"
Of education beyond the secondary level; "higher education"; "higher learning"
An original creation (i.e., an audio recording) from which copies can be made
Pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives; "Take any one of these cards"; "Choose a good husband for your daughter"; "She selected a pair of shoes from among the dozen the salesgirl had shown her"
A combatant who is able to defeat rivals
Position on a scale in relation to others in a sport
In or to a place that is higher
Of major significance or importance; "a great work of art"; "Einstein was one of the outstanding figures of the 20th centurey"
A character or symbol set or printed or written above and immediately to one side of another character
The largest freshwater lake in the world; the deepest of the Great Lakes
A word that is more generic than a given word
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Superior . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.