Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
3 September 2020 The Mirror Classic
We have 24 answers for the crossword clue Superior
. We last saw the 'Superior' clue in The Mirror Classic on Sunday, 23 August 2020.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Superior', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Superior' and give you a hint.
- A character or symbol set or printed or written above and immediately to one side of another character
- A town in northwest Wisconsin on Lake Superior across from Duluth
- The largest freshwater lake in the world; the deepest of the Great Lakes
- The head of a religious community
- One of greater rank or station or quality
- A combatant who is able to defeat rivals
- Of or characteristic of high rank or importance; "a superior ruler"
- Having an orbit farther from the sun than the Earth's orbit; "Mars and Jupiter are the closest in of the superior planets"
- (often followed by `to') above being affected or influenced by; "he is superior to fear"; "an ignited firework proceeds superior to circumstances until its blazing vitality fades"
- (sometimes followed by `to') not subject to or influenced by; "overcome by a superior opponent"; "trust magnates who felt themselves superior to law"
- Written or printed above and to one side of another character
- Having a higher rank; "superior officer"
- Of high or superior quality or performance; "superior wisdom derived from experience"; "superior math students"
Money extracted as a penalty
A person who is older than you are
An exclusive group of people; "one of the elect who have power inside the government"
The higher of two berths
The superior of a group of nuns
The superior one of two alternatives; "chose the better of the two"
The act of choosing or selecting; "your choice of colors was unfortunate"; "you can take your pick"
Elegant and sumptuous; "a deluxe car"; "luxe accommodations"
Of education beyond the secondary level; "higher education"; "higher learning"
Key that secures entrance everywhere
Pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives; "Take any one of these cards"; "Choose a good husband for your daughter"; "She selected a pair of shoes from among the dozen the salesgirl had shown her"
A combatant who is able to defeat rivals
Position on a scale in relation to others in a sport
In or to a place that is higher
Of major significance or importance; "a great work of art"; "Einstein was one of the outstanding figures of the 20th centurey"
A character or symbol set or printed or written above and immediately to one side of another character
The largest freshwater lake in the world; the deepest of the Great Lakes
A word that is more generic than a given word
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Superior. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.