Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
17 September 2020 The Daily Mail Quick
We have 2 answers for the crossword clue Stifle
. We last saw the 'Stifle' clue in The Daily Mail Quick on Friday, 14 August 2020.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Stifle', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Stifle' and give you a hint.
- Joint between the femur and tibia in a quadruped; corresponds to the human knee
- Conceal or hide; "smother a yawn"; "muffle one's anger"; "strangle a yawn"
- Be asphyxiated; die from lack of oxygen; "The child suffocated under the pillow"
- Smother or suppress; "Stifle your curiosity"
- Impair the respiration of or obstruct the air passage of; "The foul air was slowly suffocating the children"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Stifle'.
A device used to soften the tone of a musical instrument
Conceal or hide; "smother a yawn"; "muffle one's anger"; "strangle a yawn"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Stifle. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.