Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
31 October 2020 Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We have 6 answers for the crossword clue Sport
. We last saw the 'Sport' clue in Evening Standard Quick Crossword on Monday, 19 October 2020.Read more about the crossword clue 'Sport'.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Sport', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Sport' and give you a hint.
- The occupation of athletes who compete for pay
- An active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition
- Verbal wit or mockery (often at another's expense but not to be taken seriously); "he became a figure of fun"; "he said it in sport"
- (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
- Someone who engages in sports
- A person known for the way she (or he) behaves when teased or defeated or subjected to trying circumstances; "a good sport"; "a poor sport"
- (Maine colloquial) a temporary summer resident of Maine
- Wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner; "she was sporting a new hat"
- Play boisterously; "The children frolicked in the garden"; "the gamboling lambs in the meadows"; "The toddlers romped in the playroom"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Sport'.
- A leather strap used to sharpen razors
Violent and excited activity; "she asked for money and then the fun began"; "they began to fight like fun"
A member of the Shoshonean people of Utah and Colorado and New Mexico
A game played on a large open course with 9 or 18 holes; the object is use as few strokes as possible in playing all the holes
Go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely"
A game played with rackets by two or four players who hit a ball back and forth over a net that divides the court
A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court; the ball must be served again
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Sport. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.