Crossword Clue & Answers
16 November 2021
Last seen in: The Sun Cryptic
We found 3 answers for the crossword clue 'Specimen', the most recent of which was seen in the The Sun Cryptic.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Specimen a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Specimen as an answer itself some 68 times.
Specimen is a single word clue made up of 8 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Sun Cryptic' on Thursday, 11 November 2021 with the answer being EXAMPLE, we also found EXAMPLE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Sun Cryptic - 11 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 12 Aug 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 9 Jul 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 17 Jun 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 28 May 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 18 Feb 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 16 Feb 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 28 Jan 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 9 Sep 2020
- The Mirror Quick - 8 Sep 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Specimen', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Specimen' and give you a hint.
- An example regarded as typical of its class
- A bit of tissue or blood or urine that is taken for diagnostic purposes; "they collected a urine specimen for urinalysis"
Take a sample of; "Try these new crackers"; "Sample the regional dishes"
An occurrence of something; "it was a case of bad judgment"; "another instance occurred yesterday"; "but there is always the famous example of the Smiths"
Something shown to the public; "the museum had many exhibits of oriental art"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Specimen . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.