Crossword Clue & Answers
8 September 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 5 answers for the crossword clue 'Speak', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Speak a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Speak as an answer itself some 98 times.
Speak is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Thursday, 09 September 2021 with the answer being UTTER, we also found UTTER to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 9 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 7 Sep 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 23 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 16 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 15 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 24 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 9 Apr 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 3 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 26 Jan 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Speak', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Speak' and give you a hint.
- Give a speech to; "The chairman addressed the board of trustees"
- Express in speech; "She talks a lot of nonsense"; "This depressed patient does not verbalize"
- Exchange thoughts; talk with; "We often talk business"; "Actions talk louder than words"
- Use language; "the baby talks already"; "the prisoner won't speak"; "they speak a strange dialect"
- Make a characteristic or natural sound; "The drums spoke"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Speak'.
Express a supposition; "Let us say that he did not tell the truth"; "Let's say you had a lot of money--what would you do?"
The act of giving a talk to an audience; "I attended an interesting talk on local history"
Without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers; "an arrant fool"; "a complete coward"; "a consummate fool"; "a double-dyed villain"; "gross negligence"; "a perfect idiot"; "pure folly"; "what a sodding mess"; "stark staring mad"; "a thoroughgoing villain"; "utter nonsense"; "the unadulterated truth"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Speak . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.