Crossword Clue & Answers
8 September 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 8 answers for the crossword clue 'Shoot', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Shoot a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Shoot as an answer itself some 163 times.
Shoot is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Thursday, 09 September 2021 with the answer being SPRIG, we also found SPRIG to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 9 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 6 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 5 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 21 Apr 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 9 Feb 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 15 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 2 Dec 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 17 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 18 Sep 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 3 Sep 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Shoot', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Shoot' and give you a hint.
- The act of shooting at targets; "they hold a shoot every weekend during the summer"
- Give an injection to; "We injected the glucose into the patient's vein"
- A new branch
- Measure the altitude of by using a sextant; "shoot a star"
- Cause a sharp and sudden pain in; "The pain shot up her leg"
- Emit (as light, flame, or fumes) suddenly and forcefully; "The dragon shot fumes and flames out of its mouth"
- Make a film or photograph of something; "take a scene"; "shoot a movie"
- Record on photographic film; "I photographed the scene of the accident"; "She snapped a picture of the President"
- Hit with a missile from a weapon
- Throw dice, as in a crap game
- Throw or propel in a specific direction or towards a specific objective; "shoot craps"; "shoot a golf ball"
- Score; "shoot a basket"; "shoot a goal"
- Spend frivolously and unwisely; "Fritter away one's inheritance"
- Force or drive (a fluid or gas) into by piercing; "inject hydrogen into the balloon"
- Run or move very quickly or hastily; "She dashed into the yard"
- Kill by firing a missile
- Produce buds, branches, or germinate; "the potatoes sprouted"
- Utter fast and forcefully; "She shot back an answer"
- Fire a shot; "the gunman blasted away"
- Variegate by interweaving weft threads of different colors; "shoot cloth"
- Move quickly and violently; "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
- Send forth suddenly, intensely, swiftly; "shoot a glance"
We found 3 anagrams for the word 'Shoot'.
- sooth Truth or reality; "in sooth"
- Sotho Any of the mutually intelligible southern Bantu languages of the Sotho in Botswana and South Africa and Lesotho
A partially opened flower
The act of firing weapons or artillery at an enemy; "hold your fire until you can see the whites of their eyes"; "they retreated in the face of withering enemy fire"
A small branch or division of a branch (especially a terminal division); usually applied to branches of the current or preceding year
A descendent or heir; "a scion of royal stock"
An ornament that resembles a spray of leaves or flowers
Any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm; "the arm of the record player"; "an arm of the sea"; "a branch of the sewer"
A newly grown bud (especially from a germinating seed)
To exert much effort or energy; "straining our ears to hear"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Shoot . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.