Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
3 September 2020 The New York Times Crossword
We have 2 answers for the crossword clue Shine
. We last saw the 'Shine' clue in The New York Times Crossword on Sunday, 09 April 2017.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Shine', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Shine' and give you a hint.
- The quality of being bright and sending out rays of light
- Make (a surface) shine; "shine the silver, please"; "polish my shoes"
- Emit light; be bright, as of the sun or a light; "The sun shone bright that day"; "The fire beamed on their faces"
- Experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion; "She was beaming with joy"; "Her face radiated with happiness"
- Have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink; "Her face glowed when she came out of the sauna"
- Be clear and obvious; "A shining example"
- Be distinguished or eminent; "His talent shines"
- Throw or flash the light of (a lamp); "Shine the light on that window, please"
- Be bright by reflecting or casting light; "Drive carefully--the wet road reflects"
- Be shiny, as if wet; "His eyes were glistening"
- Touch or seem as if touching visually or audibly; "Light fell on her face"; "The sun shone on the fields"; "The light struck the golden necklace"; "A strange sound struck my ears"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Shine'.
Light from nonthermal sources
A quality that outshines the usual
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Shine. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.