Crossword Clue & Answers
26 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 24 answers for the crossword clue 'Shelter', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Shelter a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Shelter as an answer itself some 99 times.
Shelter is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Tuesday, 30 November 2021 with the answer being LEE, we also found LEE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 30 Nov 2021
- The Guardian Quick - 22 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 20 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 13 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 11 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 23 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 1 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 14 May 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 17 Mar 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 11 Mar 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Shelter', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Shelter' and give you a hint.
- A structure that provides privacy and protection from danger
- Temporary housing for homeless or displaced persons
- Invest (money) so that it is not taxable
- A way of organizing business to reduce the taxes it must pay on current earnings
- The condition of being protected; "they were huddled together for protection"; "he enjoyed a sense of peace and protection in his new home"
- Provide shelter for; "After the earthquake, the government could not provide shelter for the thousands of homeless people"
- Protective covering that provides protection from the weather
United States striptease artist who became famous on Broadway in the 1930s (1914-1970)
A kind of gun emplacement; "a machine-gun nest"; "a nest of snipers"
A portable shelter (usually of canvas stretched over supporting poles and fastened to the ground with ropes and pegs); "he pitched his tent near the creek"
The act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it; "the cover concealed their guns from enemy aircraft"
A sheltered port where ships can take on or discharge cargo
A fertile tract in a desert (where the water table approaches the surface)
Protective covering that protects something from direct sunlight; "they used umbrellas as shades"; "as the sun moved he readjusted the shade"
A shelter from danger or hardship
A canopy made of canvas to shelter people or things from rain or sun
The umbrellalike part of a parachute that fills with air
A fortification of earth; mostly or entirely below ground
A place of refuge and comfort and security
A safe place; "He ran to safety"
Examine in order to test suitability; "screen these samples"; "screen the job applicants"
Use tariffs to favor domestic industry
A formation of military planes maintained over ground operations or targets; "an air umbrella over England"
A shelter from danger or hardship
The imposition of duties or quotas on imports in order to protect domestic industry against foreign competition; "he made trade protection a plank in the party platform"
A way of organizing business to reduce the taxes it must pay on current earnings
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Shelter . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.