Crossword Clue & Answers
18 May 2021
Last seen in: The Daily Mail Quick
We found 13 answers for the crossword clue 'Sacred', the most recent of which was seen in the The Daily Mail Quick.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Sacred a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Sacred as an answer itself some 81 times.
Sacred is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Daily Mail Quick' on Sunday, 16 May 2021 with the answer being HOLY, we also found HOLY to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Daily Mail Quick - 16 May 2021
- The Guardian Quick - 25 Mar 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 1 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 30 Jan 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 16 Oct 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 19 Sep 2020
- The New York Times Mini - 18 Jun 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 11 Apr 2018
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Sacred', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Sacred' and give you a hint.
- Made or declared or believed to be holy; devoted to a deity or some religious ceremony or use; "a consecrated church"; "the sacred mosque"; "sacred elephants"; "sacred bread and wine"; "sanctified wine"
- Worthy of religious veneration; "the sacred name of Jesus"; "Jerusalem's hallowed soil"
- Concerned with religion or religious purposes; "sacred texts"; "sacred rites"; "sacred music"
- Worthy of respect or dedication; "saw motherhood as woman's sacred calling"
- (often followed by `to') devoted exclusively to a single use or purpose or person; "a fund sacred to charity"; "a morning hour sacred to study"; "a private office sacred to the President"
A sacred place of pilgrimage
Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills
Terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God
Relating to or having the characteristics on an icon
Profoundly honored; "revered holy men"
Worthy of religious veneration; "the sacred name of Jesus"; "Jerusalem's hallowed soil"
(of a woman) having the hymen unbroken; "she was intact, virginal"
Incapable of being transgressed or dishonored; "the person of the king is inviolable"; "an inviolable oath"
Made or declared or believed to be holy; devoted to a deity or some religious ceremony or use; "a consecrated church"; "the sacred mosque"; "sacred elephants"; "sacred bread and wine"; "sanctified wine"
Solemnly dedicated to or set apart for a high purpose; "a life consecrated to science"; "the consecrated chapel"; "a chapel dedicated to the dead of World War II"
Belongs to lowest social and ritual class in India
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Sacred . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.