Crossword Clue & Answers
16 June 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 12 answers for the crossword clue 'Rush', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Rush a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Rush as an answer itself some 196 times.
Rush is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Friday, 18 June 2021 with the answer being REED, we also found REED to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 18 Jun 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 15 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 11 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 29 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 16 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 31 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 29 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 25 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 30 Dec 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Rush', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Rush' and give you a hint.
- (American football) an attempt to advance the ball by running into the line; "the linebackers were ready to stop a rush"
- The act of moving hurriedly and in a careless manner; "in his haste to leave he forgot his book"
- A sudden forceful flow
- Attack suddenly
- Cause to occur rapidly; "the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions"
- Act or move at high speed; "We have to rush!"; "hurry--it's late!"
- Grasslike plants growing in wet places and having cylindrical often hollow stems
- Run with the ball, in football
- Not accepting reservations
- A sudden burst of activity; "come back after the rush"
- The swift release of a store of affective force; "they got a great bang out of it"; "what a boot!"; "he got a quick rush from injecting heroin"; "he does it for kicks"
- Physician and American Revolutionary leader; signer of the Declaration of Independence (1745-1813)
- Urge to an unnatural speed; "Don't rush me, please!"
- Move fast; "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
- Cause to move fast or to rush or race; "The psychologist raced the rats through a long maze"
- Done under pressure; "a rush job"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Rush'.
- Rhus Deciduous or evergreen shrubs and shrubby trees of temperate and subtropical North America, South Africa, eastern Asia and northeastern Australia; usually limited to nonpoisonous sumacs (see genus Toxicodendron)
Move fast; "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
A quick run
A canal for a current of water
A musical instrument that sounds by means of a vibrating reed
The act of moving hurriedly and in a careless manner; "in his haste to leave he forgot his book"
A sudden forceful flow
Rise rapidly; "the dollar soared against the yen"
The particular occupation for which you are trained
Cause to occur rapidly; "the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions"
Move with or as if with a rushing sound; "The cars hurtled by"
A headlong rush of people on a common impulse; "when he shouted `fire' there was a stampede to the exits"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Rush . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.