Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
12 September 2020 Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We have 10 answers for the crossword clue Rule
. We last saw the 'Rule' clue in Evening Standard Quick Crossword on Friday, 18 September 2020.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Rule', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Rule' and give you a hint.
- (mathematics) a standard procedure for solving a class of mathematical problems; "he determined the upper bound with Descartes' rule of signs"; "he gave us a general formula for attacking polynomials"
- A principle or condition that customarily governs behavior; "it was his rule to take a walk before breakfast"; "short haircuts were the regulation"
- A rule or law concerning a natural phenomenon or the function of a complex system; "the principle of the conservation of mass"; "the principle of jet propulsion"; "the right-hand rule for inductive fields"
- A basic generalization that is accepted as true and that can be used as a basis for reasoning or conduct; "their principles of composition characterized all their works"
- Any one of a systematic body of regulations defining the way of life of members of a religious order; "the rule of St. Dominic"
- Directions that define the way a game or sport is to be conducted; "he knew the rules of chess"
- Something regarded as a normative example; "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
- (linguistics) a rule describing (or prescribing) a linguistic practice
- Prescribed guide for conduct or action
- The duration of a monarch's or government's power; "during the rule of Elizabeth"
- Dominance or power through legal authority; "France held undisputed dominion over vast areas of Africa"; "the rule of Caesar"
- Keep in check; "rule one's temper"
- Decide with authority; "The King decreed that all firstborn males should be killed"
- Mark or draw with a ruler; "rule the margins"
- Exercise authority over; as of nations; "Who is governing the country now?"
- Have an affinity with; of signs of the zodiac
- Measuring stick consisting of a strip of wood or metal or plastic with a straight edge that is used for drawing straight lines and measuring lengths
- Decide on and make a declaration about; "find someone guilty"
- Be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance; "Money reigns supreme here"; "Hispanics predominate in this neighborhood"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Rule'.
- Something used to lure fish or other animals into danger so they can be trapped or killed
The branch of philosophy concerned with the law and the principles that lead courts to make the decisions they do
A statistic describing the location of a distribution; "it set the norm for American homes"
A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge); "a friend in New Mexico said that the order caused no trouble out there"
Royal authority; the dominion of a monarch
Bring to an end; settle conclusively; "The case was decided"; "The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff"; "The father adjudicated when the sons were quarreling over their inheritance"
Exercise authority over; as of nations; "Who is governing the country now?"
An act passed by a legislative body
Be master; reign or rule
The act of ordaining; the act of conferring (or receiving) holy orders; "the rabbi's family was present for his ordination"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Rule. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.