Crossword Clue & Answers
29 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 45 answers for the crossword clue 'Ring', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Ring a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Ring as an answer itself some 321 times.
Ring is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Friday, 26 November 2021 with the answer being TELEPHONE, but the most popular answer for this clue is ARENA.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 26 Nov 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 25 Nov 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 9 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 30 Jul 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 23 Jul 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 20 Jan 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 16 Jan 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 30 Oct 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 15 Oct 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 18 Aug 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Ring', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Ring' and give you a hint.
- A strip of material attached to the leg of a bird to identify it (as in studies of bird migration)
- Jewelry consisting of a circlet of precious metal (often set with jewels) worn on the finger; "she had rings on every finger"; "he noted that she wore a wedding band"
- A platform usually marked off by ropes in which contestants box or wrestle
- (chemistry) a chain of atoms in a molecule that forms a closed loop
- A toroidal shape; "a ring of ships in the harbor"; "a halo of smoke"
- Extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle; "The forest surrounds my property"
- A rigid circular band of metal or wood or other material used for holding or fastening or hanging or pulling; "there was still a rusty iron hoop for tying a horse"
- Attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify; "ring birds"; "band the geese to observe their migratory patterns"
- Make (bells) ring, often for the purposes of musical edification; "Ring the bells"; "My uncle rings every Sunday at the local church"
- A characteristic sound; "it has the ring of sincerity"
- The sound of a bell ringing; "the distinctive ring of the church bell"; "the ringing of the telephone"; "the tintinnabulation that so voluminously swells from the ringing and the dinging of the bells"--E. A. Poe
- An association of criminals; "police tried to break up the gang"; "a pack of thieves"
- Get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone; "I tried to call you all night"; "Take two aspirin and call me in the morning"
- Sound loudly and sonorously; "the bells rang"
- Ring or echo with sound; "the hall resounded with laughter"
We found 2 anagrams for the word 'Ring'.
- grin To draw back the lips and reveal the teeth, in a smile, grimace, or snarl
Press tightly together or cram; "The crowd packed the auditorium"
A thin flat strip or loop of flexible material that goes around or over something else, typically to hold it together or as a decoration
Sound of rapid vibration; "the buzz of a bumble bee"
The option to buy a given stock (or stock index or commodity future) at a given price before a given date
A close parallel of a feeling, idea, style, etc.; "his contention contains more than an echo of Rousseau"; "Napoleon III was an echo of the mighty Emperor but an infinitely better man"
An organized group of workmen
To draw back the lips and reveal the teeth, in a smile, grimace, or snarl
An indication of radiant light drawn around the head of a saint
Horizontal circular metal hoop supporting a net through which players try to throw the basketball
A flight maneuver; aircraft flies a complete circle in the vertical plane
Set up a committee or legislative body with one's own supporters so as to influence the outcome; "pack a jury"
A deep prolonged sound (as of thunder or large bells)
Make a light, metallic sound; go `ting'
The sound of a bell being struck; "saved by the bell"; "she heard the distant toll of church bells"
Change the color or tone of; "tone a negative"
(sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team; "the pass was fumbled"
A playing field where sports events take place
A clique (often secret) that seeks power usually through intrigue
A percussion instrument consisting of a set of tuned bells that are struck with a hammer; used as an orchestral instrument
The sound of a bell rung slowly to announce a death or a funeral or the end of something
Electro-acoustic transducer for converting electric signals into sounds; it is held over or inserted into the ear; "it was not the typing but the earphones that she disliked"
Game equipment consisting of a ring of iron or circle of rope used in playing the game of quoits
Form the edge of
A strip forming the outer edge of something; "the rug had a wide blue border"
Recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection; "I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
Movement once around a course; "he drove an extra lap just for insurance"
Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes
A toroidal shape; "a ring of ships in the harbor"; "a halo of smoke"
Introduce; "Insert your ticket here"
Extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle; "The forest surrounds my property"
Emit a noise
Having the character of a loud deep sound; the quality of being resonant
A deception for profit to yourself
A small ring-shaped friedcake
Bind with something round or circular
Be received or understood
The area in which something exists or lives; "the country--the flat agricultural surround"
Electronic equipment that converts sound into electrical signals that can be transmitted over distances and then converts received signals back into sounds; "I talked to him on the telephone"
A toroidal shape; "a ring of ships in the harbor"; "a halo of smoke"
(chemistry) a chain of atoms in a molecule that forms a closed loop
To throw or bend back (from a surface); "Sound is reflected well in this auditorium"
The sound of a bell ringing; "the distinctive ring of the church bell"; "the ringing of the telephone"; "the tintinnabulation that so voluminously swells from the ringing and the dinging of the bells"--E. A. Poe
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Ring . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.