Crossword Clue & Answers
19 June 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 24 answers for the crossword clue 'Rigid', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Rigid a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Rigid as an answer itself some 149 times.
Rigid is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Friday, 02 July 2021 with the answer being STRICT, but the most popular answer for this clue is STIFF.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 2 Jul 2021
- The Guardian Speedy - 18 Apr 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 11 Apr 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 8 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 28 Dec 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 22 Dec 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 19 Dec 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 5 Nov 2020
- The Mirror Quick - 31 Oct 2020
- The Mirror Quick - 31 Aug 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Rigid', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Rigid' and give you a hint.
- Designating an airship or dirigible having a form maintained by a stiff unyielding frame or structure
- Incapable of adapting or changing to meet circumstances; "a rigid disciplinarian"; "an inflexible law"; "an unbending will to dominate"
- Fixed and unmoving; "with eyes set in a fixed glassy stare"; "his bearded face already has a set hollow look"- Connor Cruise O'Brien; "a face rigid with pain"
- Incapable of or resistant to bending; "a rigid strip of metal"; "a table made of rigid plastic"; "a palace guardsman stiff as a poker"; "stiff hair"; "a stiff neck"
- Incapable of compromise or flexibility
Several exercises intended to be done in series; "he did four sets of the incline bench press"
The members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments; "he worked for a brokerage house"
(of speech sounds); produced with the back of the tongue raised toward or touching the velum; "Russian distinguished between hard consonants and palatalized or soft consonants"
Contract one's lips; "She primmed her lips after every bite of food"
A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge); "a friend in New Mexico said that the order caused no trouble out there"
Incapable of being changed or moved or undone; e.g. "frozen prices"; "living on fixed incomes"
Severe and unremitting in making demands; "an exacting instructor"; "a stern disciplinarian"; "strict standards"
The dead body of a human being; "the cadaver was intended for dissection"; "the end of the police search was the discovery of a corpse"; "the murderer confessed that he threw the stiff in the river"; "honor comes to bless the turf that wraps their clay"
A grammatical category of verbs used to express distinctions of time
Resembling steel in hardness
Rigidly accurate; allowing no deviation from a standard; "rigorous application of the law"; "a strict vegetarian"
Very hard native crystalline carbon valued as a gem
An alloy of iron containing so much carbon that it is brittle and so cannot be wrought but must be shaped by casting
Not elastic; "economists speak of an inelastic price structure"
Incapable of adapting or changing to meet circumstances; "a rigid disciplinarian"; "an inflexible law"; "an unbending will to dominate"
Incapable of change; "a man of inflexible purpose"
Narrow-minded about cherished opinions
Stubbornly unyielding; "dogged persistence"; "dour determination"; "the most vocal and pertinacious of all the critics"; "a mind not gifted to discover truth but tenacious to hold it"- T.S.Eliot; "men tenacious of opinion"
Difficult or impossible to break or separate into parts; "an infrangible series"
Not to be placated or appeased or moved by entreaty; "grim determination"; "grim necessity"; "Russia's final hour, it seemed, approached with inexorable certainty"; "relentless persecution"; "the stern demands of parenthood"
Not making concessions; "took an uncompromising stance in the peace talks"; "uncompromising honesty"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Rigid . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.