Crossword Clue & Answers
26 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 4 answers for the crossword clue 'Right', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Right a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Right as an answer itself some 302 times.
Right is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Friday, 26 November 2021 with the answer being CORRECT, we also found CORRECT to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 26 Nov 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 18 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 4 Jun 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 25 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 25 Sep 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 27 Aug 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 13 Jun 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 19 Sep 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 4 Aug 2018
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Right', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Right' and give you a hint.
- A turn toward the side of the body that is on the south when the person is facing east; "take a right at the corner"
- The piece of ground in the outfield on the catcher's right
- Anything in accord with principles of justice; "he feels he is in the right"; "the rightfulness of his claim"
- The hand that is on the right side of the body; "he writes with his right hand but pitches with his left"; "hit him with quick rights to the body"
- (frequently plural) the interest possessed by law or custom in some intangible thing; "mineral rights"; "film rights"
- Precisely accurate; "a veracious account"
- Having the axis perpendicular to the base; "a right angle"
- In accord with accepted standards of usage or procedure; "what's the right word for this?"; "the right way to open oysters"
- In an accurate manner; "the flower had been correctly depicted by his son"; "he guessed right"
- In accordance with moral or social standards; "that serves him right"; "do right by him"
- (Southern regional intensive) very; to a great degree; "the baby is mighty cute"; "he's mighty tired"; "it is powerful humid"; "that boy is powerful big now"; "they have a right nice place"; "they rejoiced mightily"
- Completely; "she felt right at home"; "he fell right into the trap"
- Make right or correct; "Correct the mistakes"; "rectify the calculation"
- Put in or restore to an upright position; "They righted the sailboat that had capsized"
- Free from error; especially conforming to fact or truth; "the correct answer"; "the correct version"; "the right answer"; "took the right road"; "the right decision"
- Correct in opinion or judgment; "time proved him right"
- (of the side of cloth or clothing) facing or intended to face outward; "the right side of the cloth showed the pattern"; "be sure your shirt is right side out"
- Socially right or correct; "it isn't right to leave the party without saying goodbye"; "correct behavior"
- In or into a satisfactory condition; "things are right again now"; "put things right"
- Exactly; "he fell flop on his face"
- Immediately; "she called right after dinner"
- An interjection expressing agreement
- Precisely, exactly; "stand right here!"
- An abstract idea of that which is due to a person or governmental body by law or tradition or nature; "they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights"; "Certain rights can never be granted to the government but must be kept in the hands of the people"- Eleanor Roosevelt; "a right is not something that somebody gives you; it is something that nobody can take away"
- Those who support political or social or economic conservatism; those who believe that things are better left unchanged
- Location near or direction toward the right side; i.e. the side to the south when a person or object faces east; "he stood on the right"
- Regain an upright or proper position; "The capsized boat righted again"
- Make reparations or amends for; "right a wrongs done to the victims of the Holocaust"
- Appropriate for a condition or purpose or occasion or a person's character, needs; "everything in its proper place"; "the right man for the job"; "she is not suitable for the position"
- Most suitable or right for a particular purpose; "a good time to plant tomatoes"; "the right time to act"; "the time is ripe for great sociological changes"
- Intended for the right hand; "a right-hand glove"
- Of or belonging to the political or intellectual right
- Being or located on or directed toward the side of the body to the east when facing north; "my right hand"; "right center field"; "a right-hand turn"; "the right bank of a river is the bank on your right side when you are facing downstream"
- In conformance with justice or law or morality; "do the right thing and confess"
- In the right manner; "please do your job properly!"; "can't you carry me decent?"
- Toward or on the right; also used figuratively; "he looked right and left"; "the party has moved right"
We found 2 anagrams for the word 'Right'.
- girth Stable gear consisting of a band around a horse's belly that holds the saddle in place
Limited to the thing specified; "the city proper"; "his claim is connected with the deed proper"
Alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please"; "correct the alignment of the front wheels"
The right side of a ship or aircraft to someone who is aboard and facing the bow or nose
A right reserved exclusively by a particular person or group (especially a hereditary or official right); "suffrage was the prerogative of white adult males"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Right . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.