Crossword Clue & Answers
7 September 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 18 answers for the crossword clue 'Regular', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Regular a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Regular as an answer itself some 130 times.
Regular is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Saturday, 21 August 2021 with the answer being UNIFORM, we also found UNIFORM to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 21 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 15 Jul 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 11 Jun 2021
- USA Today - 26 Jan 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 22 Dec 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 15 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Dec 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 19 Oct 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 28 Sep 2020
- The Daily Mail Smallest Hardest - 28 Jan 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Regular', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Regular' and give you a hint.
- A dependable follower (especially in party politics); "he is one of the party regulars"
- A regular patron; "an habitue of the racetrack"; "a bum who is a Central Park fixture"
- In accord with regular practice or procedure; "took his regular morning walk"; "her regular bedtime"
- Officially full-time; "regular students"
- Regularly scheduled for fixed times; "at a regular meeting of the PTA"; "regular bus departures"
- Relating to a person who does something regularly; "a regular customer"; "a steady drinker"
- Not deviating from what is normal; "her regular bedtime"
- Conforming to a standard or pattern; "following the regular procedure of the legislature"; "a regular electrical outlet"
- In accordance with fixed order or procedure or principle; "his regular calls on his customers"; "regular meals"; "regular duties"
- (of solids) having clear dimensions that can be measured; volume can be determined with a suitable geometric formula
- (used of the military) belonging to or engaged in by legitimate army forces; "the regular army"
- Occurring at fixed intervals; "a regular beat"; "the even rhythm of his breathing"
- Often used as intensifiers; "a regular morass of details"; "a regular nincompoop"; "he's a veritable swine"
- A garment size for persons of average height and weight
- A soldier in the regular army
- Not constipated
- Symmetrically arranged; "even features"; "regular features"; "a regular polygon"
The latter part of the day (the period of decreasing daylight from late afternoon until nightfall); "he enjoyed the evening light across the lake"
Occurring or encountered or experienced or observed frequently or in accordance with regular practice or procedure; "grew the usual vegetables"; "the usual summer heat"; "came at the usual time"; "the child's usual bedtime"
Something regarded as a normative example; "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
The proprietor of an inn
Not liable to fluctuate or especially to fall; "stocks are still firm"
The act of putting something in working order again
A regular patron; "an habitue of the racetrack"; "a bum who is a Central Park fixture"
A soldier who serves as an attendant to a superior officer; "the orderly laid out the general's uniform"
An unvarying or habitual method or procedure
Clothing of distinctive design worn by members of a particular group as a means of identification
A quantity that does not vary
Do one's shopping at; do business with; be a customer or client of
Commonly used or practiced; usual; "his accustomed thoroughness"; "took his customary morning walk"; "his habitual comment"; "with her wonted candor"
Happening or recurring at regular intervals; "the periodic appearance of the seventeen-year locust"
House for a farmer and family
Not counterfeit or copied; "an authentic signature"; "a bona fide manuscript"; "an unquestionable antique"; "photographs taken in a veritable bull ring"
Going directly ahead from one point to another without veering or turning aside; "some people see evolution as an undeviating upward march from simple organisms to the very complex"; "a straight and narrow tree-lined road unswerving across the lowlands"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Regular . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.