Crossword Clue & Answers
2 May 2021
Last seen in: The Daily Mail Smallest Hardest
We found 4 answers for the crossword clue 'Recess', the most recent of which was seen in the The Daily Mail Smallest Hardest.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Recess a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Recess as an answer itself some 229 times.
Recess is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Daily Mail Smallest Hardest' on Saturday, 08 May 2021 with the answer being NOOK, we also found NOOK to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Daily Mail Smallest Hardest - 8 May 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 6 Apr 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 8 Feb 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 15 Jan 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 10 May 2020
- The Guardian Quick - 7 Mar 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 23 Jan 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 8 Jan 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 8 Aug 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 28 May 2017
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Recess', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Recess' and give you a hint.
- A pause from doing something (as work); "we took a 10-minute break"; "he took time out to recuperate"
- An arm off of a larger body of water (often between rocky headlands)
- A state of abeyance or suspended business
- Put into a recess; "recess lights"
- Close at the end of a session; "The court adjourned"
- An enclosure that is set back or indented
- A small concavity
- Make a recess in; "recess the piece of wood"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Recess'.
An interior angle formed by two meeting walls; "a piano was in one corner of the room"
(ecology) the status of an organism within its environment and community (affecting its survival as a species)
A small recess opening off a larger room
Temporary cessation or suspension
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Recess . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.