Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
11 January 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 1 answer for the crossword clue 'Rather', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Rather a popularity rating of 'Common' because it has featured in a number crossword publications.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Rather as an answer itself some 143 times.
Rather is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Tuesday, 19 January 2021 with the answer being SOMEWHAT, we also found SOMEWHAT to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 19 Jan 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 3 Jan 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 6 Jul 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Rather', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Rather' and give you a hint.
- On the contrary; "rather than disappoint the children, he did two quick tricks before he left"; "he didn't call; rather (or instead), he wrote her a letter"; "used English terms instead of Latin ones"
- To some (great or small) extent; "it was rather cold"; "the party was rather nice"; "the knife is rather dull"; "I rather regret that I cannot attend"; "He's rather good at playing the cello"; "he is kind of shy"
- To a degree (not used with a negative); "quite tasty"; "quite soon"; "quite ill"; "quite rich"
- More readily or willingly; "clean it well, preferably with warm water"; "I'd rather be in Philadelphia"; "I'd sooner die than give up"
To a moderately sufficient extent or degree; "pretty big"; "pretty bad"; "jolly decent of him"; "the shoes are priced reasonably"; "he is fairly clever with computers"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Rather . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.