Crossword Clue & Answers
25 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 5 answers for the crossword clue 'Prosecute', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Prosecute a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Prosecute as an answer itself some 39 times.
Prosecute is a single word clue made up of 9 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Monday, 18 October 2021 with the answer being SUE, we also found SUE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 18 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 13 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 30 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 28 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 21 May 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 5 May 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 24 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 12 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 30 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Feb 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Prosecute', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Prosecute' and give you a hint.
- Carry out or participate in an activity; be involved in; "She pursued many activities"; "They engaged in a discussion"
- Conduct a prosecution in a court of law
- Bring a criminal action against (in a trial); "The State of California prosecuted O.J. Simpson"
Institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against; "He was warned that the district attorney would process him"; "She actioned the company for discrimination"
Earnest and conscientious activity intended to do or accomplish something; "made an effort to cover all the reading material"; "wished him luck in his endeavor"; "she gave it a good try"
Carry out or participate in an activity; be involved in; "She pursued many activities"; "They engaged in a discussion"
Go in search of or hunt for; "pursue a hobby"
Accuse of a wrong or an inadequacy
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Prosecute . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.