Crossword Clue & Answers
7 September 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 12 answers for the crossword clue 'Previous', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Previous a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Previous as an answer itself some 36 times.
Previous is a single word clue made up of 8 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Monday, 23 August 2021 with the answer being PRIOR, we also found PRIOR to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 23 Aug 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 16 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 4 May 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 16 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 18 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 25 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 5 Jan 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 4 Dec 2020
- USA Today - 24 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 12 Nov 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Previous', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Previous' and give you a hint.
- Just preceding something else in time or order; "the previous owner"; "my old house was larger"
- (used especially of persons) of the immediate past; "the former president"; "our late President is still very active"; "the previous occupant of the White House"
- Too soon or too hasty; "our condemnation of him was a bit previous"; "a premature judgment"
We found 2 anagrams for the word 'Previous'.
- pervious Admitting of passage or entrance; "pervious soil"; "a metal pervious to heat"
Just preceding something else in time or order; "the previous owner"; "my old house was larger"
At or toward an end or late period or stage of development; "the late phase of feudalism"; "a later symptom of the disease"; "later medical science could have saved the child"
A verb tense that expresses actions or states in the past
The head of a religious order; in an abbey the prior is next below the abbot
The first of two or the first mentioned of two; "Tom and Dick were both heroes but only the former is remembered today"
Earlier in time; previously; "I had known her before"; "as I said before"; "he called me the day before but your call had come even earlier"; "her parents had died four years earlier"; "I mentioned that problem earlier"
On one occasion; "once I ran into her"
Well in the past; former; "bygone days"; "dreams of foregone times"; "sweet memories of gone summers"; "relics of a departed era"
Especially of writing or speech; going before
Born after a gestation period of less than the normal time; "a premature infant"
A preceding occurrence or cause or event
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Previous . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.