Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
10 September 2020 The Guardian Speedy
We have 5 answers for the crossword clue Pretend
. We last saw the 'Pretend' clue in The Guardian Speedy on Sunday, 28 June 2020.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Pretend', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Pretend' and give you a hint.
- The enactment of a pretense; "it was just pretend"
- State insincerely; "He professed innocence but later admitted his guilt"; "She pretended not to have known the suicide bomber"; "She pretends to be an expert on wine"
- Imagined as in a play; "the make-believe world of theater"; "play money"; "dangling their legs in the water to catch pretend fish"
- Make believe with the intent to deceive; "He feigned that he was ill"; "He shammed a headache"
- Represent fictitiously, as in a play, or pretend to be or act like; "She makes like an actress"
- Put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation; "I am guessing that the price of real estate will rise again"; "I cannot pretend to say that you are wrong"
- Put forward a claim and assert right or possession of; "pretend the title of King"
- Behave unnaturally or affectedly; "She's just acting"
Make believe with the intent to deceive; "He feigned that he was ill"; "He shammed a headache"
Make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret; "The auction house would not disclose the price at which the van Gogh had sold"; "The actress won't reveal how old she is"; "bring out the truth"; "he broke the news to her"; "unwrap the evidence in the murder case"
Represent fictitiously, as in a play, or pretend to be or act like; "She makes like an actress"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Pretend. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.