Crossword Clue & Answers
11 April 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 8 answers for the crossword clue 'Present', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Present a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Present as an answer itself some 188 times.
Present is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Wednesday, 07 April 2021 with the answer being HERE, we also found HERE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 7 Apr 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 27 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 10 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 3 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 11 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 19 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 12 Jan 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 29 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 7 Dec 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Present', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Present' and give you a hint.
- The period of time that is happening now; any continuous stretch of time including the moment of speech; "that is enough for the present"; "he lives in the present with no thought of tomorrow"
- Give an exhibition of to an interested audience; "She shows her dogs frequently"; "We will demo the new software in Washington"
- Bring forward and present to the mind; "We presented the arguments to him"; "We cannot represent this knowledge to our formal reason"
- Recognize with a gesture prescribed by a military regulation; assume a prescribed position; "When the officers show up, the soldiers have to salute"
- Cause to come to know personally; "permit me to acquaint you with my son"; "introduce the new neighbors to the community"
- Formally present a debutante, a representative of a country, etc.
- Deliver (a speech, oration, or idea); "The commencement speaker presented a forceful speech that impressed the students"
- Temporal sense; intermediate between past and future; now existing or happening or in consideration; "the present leader"; "articles for present use"; "the present topic"; "the present system"; "present observations"
- Give as a present; make a gift of; "What will you give her for her birthday?"
- Give, especially as an honor or reward; "bestow honors and prizes at graduation"
- Something presented as a gift; "his tie was a present from his wife"
- Present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize; "We confronted him with the evidence"; "He was faced with all the evidence and could no longer deny his actions"; "An enormous dilemma faces us"
- Represent abstractly, for example in a painting, drawing, or sculpture; "The father is portrayed as a good-looking man in this painting"
- A verb tense that expresses actions or states at the time of speaking
- Perform (a play), especially on a stage; "we are going to stage `Othello'"
- Hand over formally
- Introduce; "This poses an interesting question"
- Being or existing in a specified place; "the murderer is present in this room"; "present at the wedding"; "present at the creation"
We found 3 anagrams for the word 'Present'.
- Serpent Limbless scaly elongate reptile; some are venomous
The momentary present; "Now is a good time to do it"; "it worked up to right now"
Natural abilities or qualities
The present location; this place; "where do we go from here?"
A deliberate pretense or exaggerated display
To or toward that place; away from the speaker; "go there around noon!"
Give as a gift
Be willing to concede; "I grant you this much"
A steady flow of a fluid (usually from natural causes); "the raft floated downstream on the current"; "he felt a stream of air"; "the hose ejected a stream of water"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Present . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.