Crossword Clue & Answers
8 September 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 3 answers for the crossword clue 'piece', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given piece a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen piece as an answer itself some 262 times.
piece is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Friday, 10 September 2021 with the answer being BIT, we also found BIT to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 10 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 15 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 14 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 11 May 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 7 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 24 Dec 2020
- The Sun Cryptic - 12 Dec 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 11 Oct 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'piece', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'piece' and give you a hint.
- Game equipment consisting of an object used in playing certain board games; "he taught me to set up the men on the chess board"; "he sacrificed a piece to get a strategic advantage"
- A work of art of some artistic value; "this store sells only objets d'art"; "it is not known who created this piece"
- A separate part of a whole; "an important piece of the evidence"
- An instance of some kind; "it was a nice piece of work"; "he had a bit of good luck"
- An artistic or literary composition; "he wrote an interesting piece on Iran"; "the children acted out a comic piece to amuse the guests"
- A musical work that has been created; "the composition is written in four movements"
- Create by putting components or members together; "She pieced a quilt"; "He tacked together some verses"; "They set up a committee"
- A portable gun; "he wore his firearm in a shoulder holster"
- A share of something; "a slice of the company's revenue"
- An item that is an instance of some type; "he designed a new piece of equipment"; "she bought a lovely piece of china";
- Eat intermittently; take small bites of; "He pieced at the sandwich all morning"; "She never eats a full meal--she just nibbles"
- Join during spinning; "piece the broken pieces of thread, slivers, and rovings"
- To join or unite the pieces of; "patch the skirt"
- A distance; "it is down the road a piece"
- A serving that has been cut from a larger portion; "a piece of pie"; "a slice of bread"
- A portion of a natural object; "they analyzed the river into three parts"; "he needed a piece of granite"
- A period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition; "he was here for a little while"; "I need to rest for a piece"; "a spell of good weather"; "a patch of bad weather"
- Repair by adding pieces; "She pieced the china cup"
Piece of metal held in horse's mouth by reins and used to control the horse while riding; "the horse was not accustomed to a bit"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for piece . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.