Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
26 August 2020 The Mirror Quick
We have 10 answers for the crossword clue Phase
. We last saw the 'Phase' clue in The Mirror Quick on Thursday, 17 September 2020.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Phase', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Phase' and give you a hint.
- (astronomy) the particular appearance of a body's state of illumination (especially one of the recurring shapes of the part of Earth's moon that is illuminated by the sun); "the full phase of the moon"
- (physical chemistry) a distinct state of matter in a system; matter that is identical in chemical composition and physical state and separated from other material by the phase boundary; "the reaction occurs in the liquid phase of the system"
- Any distinct time period in a sequence of events; "we are in a transitional stage in which many former ideas must be revised or rejected"
- Adjust so as to be in a synchronized condition; "he phased the intake with the output of the machine"
- Arrange in phases or stages; "phase a withdrawal"
- A particular point in the time of a cycle; measured from some arbitrary zero and expressed as an angle
We found 3 anagrams for the word 'Phase'.
- A large number or amount; "made lots of new friends"; "she amassed stacks of newspapers"
- (Judaism) a Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days from Nissan 15) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt
- The spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance; "geometry is the mathematical science of shape"
Make something, usually for a specific function; "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal; "the situation called for strong measures"; "the police took steps to reduce crime"
A wheeled vehicle that has two wheels and is moved by foot pedals
A distinct feature or element in a problem; "he studied every facet of the question"
The spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance; "geometry is the mathematical science of shape"
A section or portion of a journey or course; "then we embarked on the second stage of our Caribbean cruise"
The feelings expressed on a person's face; "a sad expression"; "a look of triumph"; "an angry face"
A punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations; "in England they call a period a stop"
A subdivision of a written work; usually numbered and titled; "he read a chapter every night before falling asleep"
A particular point in the time of a cycle; measured from some arbitrary zero and expressed as an angle
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Phase. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.