Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
17 October 2020 Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We have 6 answers for the crossword clue Period
. We last saw the 'Period' clue in Evening Standard Quick Crossword on Thursday, 22 October 2020.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Period', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Period' and give you a hint.
- A punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations; "in England they call a period a stop"
- A unit of geological time during which a system of rocks formed; "ganoid fishes swarmed during the earlier geological periods"
- The end or completion of something; "death put a period to his endeavors"; "a change soon put a period to my tranquility"
- (ice hockey) one of three divisions into which play is divided in hockey games
- The monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause; "the women were sickly and subject to excessive menstruation"; "a woman does not take the gout unless her menses be stopped"--Hippocrates; "the semen begins to appear in males and to be emitted at the same time of life that the catamenia begin to flow in females"--Aristotle
- An amount of time; "a time period of 30 years"; "hastened the period of time of his recovery"; "Picasso's blue period"
- The interval taken to complete one cycle of a regularly repeating phenomenon
How long something has existed; "it was replaced because of its age"
(baseball) a measure of a pitcher's effectiveness; calculated as the average number of earned runs allowed by the pitcher for every nine innings pitched
Preparatory school work done outside school (especially at home)
(architecture) a statue or a human bust or an animal carved out of the top of a square pillar; originally used as a boundary marker in ancient Rome
(astronomy) the particular appearance of a body's state of illumination (especially one of the recurring shapes of the part of Earth's moon that is illuminated by the sun); "the full phase of the moon"
The office of a regent
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Period. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.