Crossword Clue & Answers
8 September 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 10 answers for the crossword clue 'Perch', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Perch a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Perch as an answer itself some 101 times.
Perch is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Wednesday, 08 September 2021 with the answer being ROOST, we also found ROOST to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 8 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 11 Aug 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 26 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 26 Apr 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 25 Apr 2021
- The Guardian Quick - 22 Apr 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 20 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 26 Mar 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 1 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 23 Feb 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Perch', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Perch' and give you a hint.
- Any of numerous spiny-finned fishes of various families of the order Perciformes
- Support consisting of a branch or rod that serves as a resting place (especially for a bird)
- Any of numerous fishes of America and Europe
- An elevated place serving as a seat
- A square rod of land
- Spiny-finned freshwater food and game fishes
- Sit, as on a branch; "The birds perched high in the tree"
- Cause to perch or sit; "She perched her hat on her head"
- A linear measure of 16.5 feet
- To come to rest, settle; "Misfortune lighted upon him"
Any rod-shaped bacterium
Be around, often idly or without specific purpose; "The object sat in the corner"; "We sat around chatting for another hour"
Nontechnical name for any of numerous edible marine and freshwater spiny-finned fishes
Any of various mostly cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates usually having scales and breathing through gills; "the shark is a large fish"; "in the living room there was a tank of colorful fish"
A kind of gun emplacement; "a machine-gun nest"; "a nest of snipers"
A long fiberglass sports implement used for pole vaulting
Freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility); "took his repose by the swimming pool"
A device for lighting or igniting fuel or charges or fires; "do you have a light?"
A shelter with perches for fowl or other birds
Lighted up by or as by fire or flame; "forests set ablaze (or afire) by lightning"; "even the car's tires were aflame"; "a night aflare with fireworks"; "candles alight on the tables"; "houses on fire"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Perch . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.