Crossword Clue & Answers
View Full SolutionAre you solving today's "Evening Standard Quick Crossword" crossword?
11 April 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 15 answers for the crossword clue 'Parched', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Parched a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Parched as an answer itself some 19 times.
Parched is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Tuesday, 13 April 2021 with the answer being ARID, we also found ARID to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 13 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 18 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 5 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 5 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 13 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 4 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 25 Dec 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Parched', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Parched' and give you a hint.
- Toasted or roasted slightly; "parched corn was a staple of the Indian diet"
- Dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight; "a vast desert all adust"; "land lying baked in the heat"; "parched soil"; "the earth was scorched and bare"; "sunbaked salt flats"
A reformer who opposes the use of intoxicating beverages
Lacking sufficient water or rainfall; "an arid climate"; "a waterless well"; "miles of waterless country to cross"
The fleshy, waxy covering at the base of the upper beak of some birds
(used especially of vegetation) having lost all moisture; "dried-up grass"; "the desert was edged with sere vegetation"; "shriveled leaves on the unwatered seedlings"; "withered vines"
Burned brown by the sun; "of an adust complexion"- Sir Walter Scott
(bread and pastries) cooked by dry heat (as in an oven); "baked goods"
Not still wet; "the ink has dried"; "a face marked with dried tears"
Characterized by intense emotion; "ardent love"; "an ardent lover"; "a fervent desire to change society"; "a fervent admirer"; "fiery oratory"; "an impassioned appeal"; "a torrid love affair"
(usually followed by `for') extremely desirous; "athirst for knowledge"; "hungry for recognition"; "thirsty for informaton"
Without a trace of moisture; as dry as a weathered bone; "bone-dry leaves are a fire hazard"; "a drier to get the clothes bone dry"
Feeling a need or desire to drink; "after playing hard the children were thirsty"
Having everything destroyed so nothing is left salvageable by an enemy; "Sherman's scorched earth policy"
Baked or hardened by exposure to sunlight; not burned; "sunbaked adobe bricks"
Preserved by removing natural moisture; "dried beef"; "dried fruit"; "dehydrated eggs"; "shredded and desiccated coconut meat"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Parched . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.