Crossword Clue & Answers
28 April 2022
Last seen in: The Sun Cryptic
We found 35 answers for the crossword clue 'Pallid', the most recent of which was seen in the The Sun Cryptic.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Pallid a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Pallid as an answer itself some 60 times.
Pallid is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Sun Cryptic' on Monday, 06 December 2021 with the answer being ASHEN, we also found ASHEN to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Sun Cryptic - 6 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 4 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 4 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 22 Sep 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 6 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 2 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 26 Aug 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 15 Aug 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 13 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 6 May 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Pallid', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Pallid' and give you a hint.
- Lacking in vitality or interest or effectiveness; "a pale rendition of the aria"; "pale prose with the faint sweetness of lavender"; "a pallid performance"
- (of light) lacking in intensity or brightness; dim or feeble; "the pale light of a half moon"; "a pale sun"; "the late afternoon light coming through the el tracks fell in pale oblongs on the street"; "a pallid sky"; "the pale (or wan) stars"; "the wan light of dawn"
- Abnormally deficient in color as suggesting physical or emotional distress; "the pallid face of the invalid"; "her wan face suddenly flushed"
A computer network that spans a wider area than does a local area network
Of a light grey
Lacking in vitality or interest or effectiveness; "a pale rendition of the aria"; "pale prose with the faint sweetness of lavender"; "a pallid performance"
Deeply affected by a strong feeling; "sat completely still, sick with envy"; "she was sick with longing"
Anemic looking from illness or emotion; "a face turned ashen"; "the invalid's blanched cheeks"; "tried to speak with bloodless lips"; "a face livid with shock"; "lips...livid with the hue of death"- Mary W. Shelley; "lips white with terror"; "a face white with rage"
(usually used in the plural) one of a pair of adhesive patches worn to cover the nipples of exotic dancers and striptease performers
Having the paleness of wax; "the poor face with the same awful waxen pallor"- Bram Stoker; "the soldier turned his waxlike features toward him"; "a thin face with a waxy paleness"
Having the consistency of dough because of insufficient leavening or improper cooking; "the cake fell; it's a doughy mess"
Relating to anemia or suffering from anemia
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Pallid . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.