Crossword Clue & Answers
26 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 9 answers for the crossword clue 'Operator', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Operator a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Operator as an answer itself some 109 times.
Operator is a single word clue made up of 8 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Tuesday, 23 November 2021 with the answer being USER, we also found USER to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 23 Nov 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 21 Oct 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 21 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 25 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 13 Oct 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 25 Oct 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 29 May 2019
- The Daily Mail Quick - 4 May 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Operator', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Operator' and give you a hint.
- A speculator who trades aggressively on stock or commodity markets
- A shrewd or unscrupulous person who knows how to circumvent difficulties
- (mathematics) a symbol or function representing a mathematical operation
- An agent that operates some apparatus or machine; "the operator of the switchboard"
- Someone who owns or operates a business; "who is the operator of this franchise?"
A person who uses something or someone selfishly or unethically
The semantic role of the animate entity that instigates or causes the happening denoted by the verb in the clause
A golf club (a wood) with a near vertical face that is used for hitting long shots from the tee
Sterile member of a colony of social insects that forages for food and cares for the larvae
A prostitute who attracts customers by walking the streets
A craftsman skilled in operating machine tools
Someone known for high skill in some intellectual or artistic technique
A person who handles things manually
A shrewd or unscrupulous person who knows how to circumvent difficulties
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Operator . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.