Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
19 September 2020 Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We have 1 solution for the crossword clue Offer
. We last saw the 'Offer' clue in Evening Standard Quick Crossword on Thursday, 24 September 2020.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Offer', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Offer' and give you a hint.
- The verbal act of offering; "a generous offer of assistance"
- Something offered (as a proposal or bid); "noteworthy new offerings for investors included several index funds"
- A usually brief attempt; "he took a crack at it"; "I gave it a whirl"
- Make available or accessible, provide or furnish; "The conference center offers a health spa"; "The hotel offers private meeting rooms"
- Present for acceptance or rejection; "She offered us all a cold drink"
- Make available; provide; "extend a loan"; "The bank offers a good deal on new mortgages"
- Propose a payment; "The Swiss dealer offered $2 million for the painting"
- Agree freely; "She volunteered to drive the old lady home"; "I offered to help with the dishes but the hostess would not hear of it"
- Present as an act of worship; "offer prayers to the gods"
- Produce or introduce on the stage; "The Shakespeare Company is offering `King Lear' this month"
- Make available for sale; "The stores are offering specials on sweaters this week"
- Offer verbally; "extend my greetings"; "He offered his sympathy"
- Mount or put up; "put up a good fight"; "offer resistance"
- Put forward for consideration; "He offered his opinion"
- Threaten to do something; "I offered to leave the committee if they did not accept my proposal"
- Ask (someone) to marry you; "he popped the question on Sunday night"; "she proposed marriage to the man she had known for only two months"; "The old bachelor finally declared himself to the young woman"
An attempt to get something; "they made a futile play for power"; "he made a bid to gain attention"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Offer. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.