Crossword Clue & Answers
3 December 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 14 answers for the crossword clue 'Obtain', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Obtain a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Obtain as an answer itself some 90 times.
Obtain is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Tuesday, 07 December 2021 with the answer being GET, we also found GET to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 7 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 8 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 27 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 25 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 20 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 23 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 2 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 26 Jul 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 16 Jul 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Obtain', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Obtain' and give you a hint.
- Be valid, applicable, or true; "This theory still holds"
- Receive a specified treatment (abstract); "These aspects of civilization do not find expression or receive an interpretation"; "His movie received a good review"; "I got nothing but trouble for my good intentions"
- Come into possession of; "How did you obtain the visa?"
We found 2 anagrams for the word 'Obtain'.
A return on a shot that seemed impossible to reach and would normally have resulted in a point for the opponent
Come upon, as if by accident; meet with; "We find this idea in Plato"; "I happened upon the most wonderful bakery not very far from here"; "She chanced upon an interesting book in the bookstore the other day"
Increase (one's body weight); "She gained 20 pounds when she stopped exercising"
The act of grasping; "he released his clasp on my arm"; "he has a strong grip for an old man"; "she kept a firm hold on the railing"
Agriculture considered as an occupation or way of life; "farming is a strenuous life"; "there's no work on the land any more"
Gather, as of natural products; "harvest the grapes"
Make oneself subject to; bring upon oneself; become liable to; "People who smoke incur a great danger to their health"
Obtain, especially accidentally
Develop or evolve from a latent or potential state
Free from danger or risk; "secure from harm"; "his fortune was secure"; "made a secure place for himself in his field"
Win something through one's efforts; "I acquired a passing knowledge of Chinese"; "Gain an understanding of international finance"
Prove superior; "The champion prevailed, though it was a hard fight"
Arrange for sexual partners for others
Go through (mental or physical states or experiences); "get an idea"; "experience vertigo"; "get nauseous"; "receive injuries"; "have a feeling"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Obtain . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.