Crossword Clue & Answers
3 December 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 15 answers for the crossword clue 'Novel', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Novel a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Novel as an answer itself some 159 times.
Novel is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Monday, 06 December 2021 with the answer being NEW, we also found NEW to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 6 Dec 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 18 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 12 Oct 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 30 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 25 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 18 Aug 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 2 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 4 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 24 May 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Novel', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Novel' and give you a hint.
- A printed and bound book that is an extended work of fiction; "his bookcases were filled with nothing but novels"; "he burned all the novels"
- An extended fictional work in prose; usually in the form of a story
- Pleasantly new or different; "common sense of a most refreshing sort"
- Original and of a kind not seen before; "the computer produced a completely novel proof of a well-known theorem"
Original and of a kind not seen before; "the computer produced a completely novel proof of a well-known theorem"
Physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together; "he used a large book as a doorstop"
Not canned or otherwise preserved; "fresh vegetables"
A literary work based on the imagination and not necessarily on fact
Not tried or tested by experience; "unseasoned artillery volunteers"; "still untested in battle"; "an illustrator untried in mural painting"; "a young hand at plowing"
Being definitely out of the ordinary and unexpected; slightly odd or even a bit weird; "a strange exaltation that was indefinable"; "a strange fantastical mind"; "what a strange sense of humor she has"
Not representative of a group, class, or type; "a group that is atypical of the target audience"; "a class of atypical mosses"; "atypical behavior is not the accepted type of response that we expect from children"
An original creation (i.e., an audio recording) from which copies can be made
A book with paper covers
(of a new kind or fashion) gratuitously new; "newfangled ideas"; "she buys all these new-fangled machines and never uses them"
Imparting vitality and energy; "the bracing mountain air"
Having no precedent; novel; "an unprecedented expansion in population and industry"
Not conventional or conformist; "unconventional life styles"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Novel . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.