Crossword Clue & Answers
29 March 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 7 answers for the crossword clue 'Newt', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Newt a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Newt as an answer itself some 199 times.
Newt is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Monday, 29 March 2021 with the answer being EFT, we also found EFT to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 29 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Mar 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 25 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 21 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 22 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 26 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 13 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 6 Nov 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 19 Oct 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 14 Oct 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Newt', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Newt' and give you a hint.
- Small usually bright-colored semiaquatic salamanders of North America and Europe and northern Asia
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Newt'.
(nautical, aeronautical) situated at or toward the stern or tail
A newt in its terrestrial stage of development
Small usually bright-colored semiaquatic salamanders of North America and Europe and northern Asia
Cold-blooded vertebrate typically living on land but breeding in water; aquatic larvae undergo metamorphosis into adult form
Any of various typically terrestrial amphibians that resemble lizards and that return to water only to breed
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Newt . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.