Crossword Clue & Answers
8 September 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 12 answers for the crossword clue 'Mud ', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Mud a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
Mud is a 2 word phrase featuring 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Tuesday, 31 August 2021 with the answer being MIRE, we also found MIRE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 31 Aug 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 17 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 11 May 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 12 Feb 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 4 Dec 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 4 Jan 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 1 Mar 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 6 Jun 2018
- The New York Times Crossword - 22 Nov 2016
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Mud ', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Mud ' and give you a hint.
- Soil with mud, muck, or mire; "The child mucked up his shirt while playing ball in the garden"
- Slanderous remarks or charges
- Water soaked soil; soft wet earth
- Plaster with mud
Voracious snakelike marine or freshwater fishes with smooth slimy usually scaleless skin and having a continuous vertical fin but no ventral fins
Any thick, viscous matter
Dish baked in pastry-lined pan often with a pastry top
The dead body of a human being; "the cadaver was intended for dissection"; "the end of the police search was the discovery of a corpse"; "the murderer confessed that he threw the stiff in the river"; "honor comes to bless the turf that wraps their clay"
Street names for gamma hydroxybutyrate
A platform-independent object-oriented programming language
A soft wet area of low-lying land that sinks underfoot
Soil with mud, muck, or mire; "The child mucked up his shirt while playing ball in the garden"
A soup or stew thickened with okra pods
Cover or stain with slime; "The snake slimed his victim"
The precipitate produced by sewage treatment
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Mud . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.